Monday, June 26, 2006

A letter from a frustrated jarhead...

Where's the outrage?Courtesy of Craig R. Smith and WorldNetDaily:
Phil is a retired Marine who is 55 years old. He would do anything to, once again, put on the uniform of the country he loves and fight against the threat he knows exists. Phil has experience in defending his nation. He did so with valor during Vietnam. He still relies on his instincts of right and wrong to guide his life. So he was compelled to write his friends a letter. The letter speaks for itself and will not be accompanied by any commentary from me. Special thanks to WND for having the backbone to allow the world to hear the true heart and grit of the American spirit.
My friends,

Now Fox News has reported that [the two American soldiers] had their genitals cut off and stuffed into their mouth. They were beheaded. They were tortured unmercifully while still alive by the disciples of Allah, and I hear no words of outrage from the "left" today. Not a single word from Kennedy, Kerry, Pelosi, Howard Dean or Cindy Sheehan. If they speak at all, it is only to blame our president. Shame on the liberals. Shame on the Democrats. Shame on the MSM (mainstream media).

They were members of the 101st Airborne Division from Fort Campbell, Ky. They were America's finest. They were slaughtered.

There is a growing chorus coming from the "left" today urging us to close Gitmo. At Gitmo we have detained 432 terrorists. These vermin are the worst scum on the planet. We are at war. Can I say that again? WE ARE AT WAR!

At Gitmo these proud, bloodthirsty, murdering cowards have the following amenities:

  • Air conditioning;

  • three meals per day;

  • they have their Qurans;

  • And, they have an army of ACLU types willing to do their bidding.

    At Gitmo they eat better than you and me. Yet, all we hear from the "left" today is that we must close Gitmo because of our abuse of those poor terrorists. Lies and audacity.

    Meanwhile, when our enemies detain our troops, America's best and America's bravest get slaughtered in the name of Allah.

    Where is the treasonous press today? Why aren't the headlines today filled with rage for this subhuman enemy?

    My friends, allow me to share just a shred of truth with you: "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Said differently? Many in this nation do not deserve the freedom these brave soldiers have provided us. Can you think of another time in history where there was such blindness, hypocrisy and lack of honor?

    I am depressed. I am discouraged. I want to fight back. I don't know what to do. I have never felt so uneasy or so helpless. I suppose this letter today is my way of coping with my sadness and anger. Please forgive me.

    Will America wake up in time? Will we find the courage to face this enemy and defeat him? If we sleep on, if we continue to give way to the "politically correct," I am afraid we will be overrun and our children will rise up and curse us.

    If there was ever a time to pray, perhaps it is in this time.

    Semper fi,

    From an old and frustrated jarhead.
  • Every politician in America should read this letter! This jarhead speaks for me.

    -Home-

    Labels: , , , ,

    Subscribe to CBT

    Enter an e-mail address for daily updates:
    -Home-