Thursday, September 27, 2007

Random quote of the day...

Oscar Wilde“My desires were a malady, or a madness, or both. I grew careless of the lives of others. I took pleasure where it pleased me. I forgot that every little action of the common day makes or unmakes character, and that therefore what one has done in the secret chamber one has some day to cry aloud on the housetop. I ceased to be lord over myself. I was no longer the captain of my soul, and did not know it. I allowed pleasure to dominate me. I ended in horrible disgrace. There is only one thing for me now, absolute humility.”

– Oscar Wilde, writing at the end of his very hedonistic life

Related: Listen to Dennis Prager talk about how we never have enough on his happiness hour radio show. Check the sidebar to the left for all of Dennis' more recent happiness hour audio podcasts.

Labels: ,

Subscribe to CBT

Enter an e-mail address for daily updates:
-Home-