Tuesday, September 12, 2006

'You've got to do what you can to help your country survive'...

... "That's if you think your country is worth a damn. Warts and all."

Doing what I can...

Cox & Forkum link

Listen to Frank Miller here on NPR. (yes, NPR)
... "For the first time in my life, I know how it feels to face an existential menace. They want us to die. All of a sudden I realize what my parents were talking about all those years.

Patriotism, I now believe, isn't some sentimental, old conceit. It's self-preservation. I believe patriotism is central to a nation's survival. Ben Franklin said it: If we don't all hang together, we all hang separately. Just like you have to fight to protect your friends and family, and you count on them to watch your own back." ...
Dissent is not patriotism.

(Thanks Michelle)

The People's Cube linkHere's another uplifting patriotic performance of note... Craig Ferguson is fantastic!

Need more cheering up? Try Chris Bliss... or this related news from Paul McCartney. :)

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to CBT

Enter an e-mail address for daily updates:
-Home-