Friday, May 19, 2006

Blogging break...

Send me an e-mailThis blog has been a great vent for me on political, cultural and global issues, among numerous other topics over the last 3 months. The original purpose of this venture was to share some thoughts with family and friends who might not have otherwise understood my interests and positions or even known them to begin with.

I have found it difficult at times to effectively discuss many of the topics I've posted about, and this format provides a fantastic outlet...especially for those of us who aren't as quick on our feet verbally as we'd like to be. It's also became a lot more fun than I ever thought. I've really enjoyed the creative aspect of setting up the site and trying to make each post visually interesting...not to mention all the great poking around and reading needed to motivate a posting.

Hopefully this break will be temporary. I am hooked on (and frustrated with) the current political scene and feel strongly that core conservative & Christian principles are vital to our country's prosperity and freedom. I continue to have a great interest in what I think are extremely important long-term issues like abortion, education, religious freedom (not freedom from religion), the war against Islamic terrorism, and the poisonous cultural effects of moral relativism and political correctness. I'm sure I'll ramp back up again, but it's time for a break.

Having said that, what I'd really like to do is find a number of other generally like-minded folks out there who would be interested in posting here! If you like the format and direction of this site and want to blog here, send me an e-mail. I'd love to make CBT a group effort!

Subscribe over to the left if you want to get an e-mail when this blog wakes up again!

Cheers.

P.S. I've made close to 300 posts in just over 3 1/2 months since I started. Here are a few:

Pelosi is aweful, and not left enough for S.F.
  • Fear-mongering and climate change: Al's big lie...

  • Condi discusses Iran with Matt Lauer... What's not to love about Condi!

  • Sowell's random thoughts & my random links...

  • While U.S. politicians pander hysterically, China digs for oil...

  • Know a CEO who is rude to people he/she perceives to be in subordinate roles?

  • Why take responsibility or look for solutions when you can obfuscate, blame others and play a sypathetic media with overt political opportunism?
  • Can George W. Bush get his groove back?
  • The British Sunday Times uncovers the "new woman"...

  • These amazing photos by Jan von Holleben will make you smile...

  • As if the obviously-perverted "man with the yellow hat" and "curious" George weren't enough...

  • Katie Cronkite: Good Night, and Good Pluck...

  • A "race card" play for the true connoisseur...

  • Be a man, for God's sake... (you mean that's ok?)

  • Muammar Gadhafi: "Libya is the only real democracy in the world"...Charlie Sheen probably agrees

  • Gregory (and NBC) called to task by Laura Ingraham on the Today show this morning...follow up on O'Reilly

  • This performance by Chris Bliss is one of the coolest things I've ever seen...
  • Top 10 Reagan quotes...
  • The Discovery of Noah's Ark? That would change everything...

  • A mathematician's approach to the origins of life...

  • The Natural Law...and Moral Absolutes

  • The Democratic Plantation... and the Victims of the Political Elite

  • TV, Role Models, Morality...are we looking in the right place?

  • The U.S. and the Roman Empire...

  • Sharpton's a homo, pass it on...humor!


  • -Home-

    Labels: , , , , , ,

    Subscribe to CBT

    Enter an e-mail address for daily updates:
    -Home-