Tuesday, March 07, 2006

SCANDAL! - Alito Sends James Dobson a Valentine...

Perhaps you’ll agree with my initial feeling after you read this account that the reaction of the radical secularists is simultaneously ridiculous, predictable and pathetic.

On the other, perhaps I just need to be a little more open-minded. Being no constitutional scholar, I’m sure I just missed that clause in the Bill of Rights somewhere that the Founding Fathers inserted stipulating that expressions of gratitude for intercession to the Almighty on behalf of elected or appointed officials was strictly forbidden. I also probably missed one of the Federalist Papers where Madison argues that we cannot call our nation a just Republic when we allow God to give preferential treatment to people who pray.

Posted by JCR

Labels:

Subscribe to CBT

Enter an e-mail address for daily updates:
-Home-