Bribing defeat with billions in pork... (updated)
Thanks to GatewayPundit:
Update: Tom Coburn's Top 10 Most Egregious Earmarks Contained in War Supplemental:
10. Allows transfer of funds from holiday ornament sales in the Senate gift shopAlso, here's who got bought.
9. $3 million in funding for sugar cane
8. $3.5 million in additional funding for guided tours of the Capitol
7. $12 million for the Forest Service money which the President requested in the non-emergency fiscal year 2008 budget
6. $20 million for insect damage reimbursements in Nevada
5. $24 million in funding for sugar beets
4. $75 million for salaries and expenses for the Farm Service Agency
3. $165.9 million for fisheries disaster relief, funded through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
2. $40 million for the Tree Assistance Program
1. $100 million in funding for the 2008 national party conventions.